Puppy Questionnaire – Text Version
1. What's your "ideal" goal for the puppy, i.e., SchH/Ring titled, herding, international competitor, police dog, therapy dog, obedience, agility, etc.? (NOTE: we do not sell pups as pets only, family/personal protection without other training goals = pet)
2. What’s your “realistic” goal for the puppy?
3. What sort of working drive do you feel would mesh with your personality, i.e., hard, sharp, moderate, low? And why?
4. What sort of conformation (structure/size) are you looking for? Why?
5. If you had to choose between two puppies, one with perfect conformation, but low-moderate drive, and one with so-so conformation (but not pet quality) and high drive, which one would you choose and why?
6. Is this puppy intended for breeding?
If not, do you intend to spay/neuter?
7. Are you interested in a puppy of a particular sex (M or F), or would you base your decision on drive & conformation?
8. Please list any prior dog training experience, titles earned,breeds owned, and what happened to these dogs. Also list any dogs you currently own.
9. Do you own or rent your home?
10. If you rent, will your landlord be willing to sign a statement allowing you to keep a Malinois in the apartment or house?
11. Do you have a fenced in yard?
12. What are your plans for exercising the puppy?
13. At what age do you plan to start obedience work?
14. Are you aware of the socialization needs of a Malinois puppy, and do you feel you are capable of providing for these needs?
15. Do you have any children?
16. If so, what are their ages, and have they been exposed to dogs in the past? Were there ever any problems with your children & dogs?
17. Are you aware of some of the health problems which appear in the Malinois today?
18. Are you willing to have the puppy OFA’d after the age of 24 months, whether or not you plan to breed?
19. Are you willing to title the puppy in obedience, therapy, Ring, Sch, other sport, conformation, herding or tracking? Or certify the puppy in “street work” such as narcotics or K9 certifications?
20. Which of these pursuits do you feel is most suited to your lifestyle?
21. Are you a member of any breed or competition clubs regional, national, or international? What club(s)?
22. Have you ever held office for any of these clubs? If so, was this office voluntary or elected?
23. Have you ever crate-trained a puppy? What are your feelings on crate-training?
24. Please provide the name, address, and telephone number of your veterinarian as a reference.
25. Do you work full time? Are there any family members at home full time?
26. How much time do you plan to spend with the puppy?
27. Why do you want a Malinois?
28. How much experience have you had with this breed?
29. What are your impressions of Malinois you have met in the past?
30. If you can think of anything on a more personal note that you’d like to add to this, I’d love to hear it. The idea behind these questions is that knowing the pups temperaments from day one, I may see different things in them than you would as a stranger attempting to pick one, and may be able to guide you towards a puppy which realistically suits your experience, needs and goals.
Preferred Litter or Sire/Dam
31. If you have a preferred sire, please enter his name.
32. If you have a preferred dam, please enter her name.
Please Enter the following:
Email Address (required):
Phone Number (optional):